Friday, February 4, 2011

There is just one life for each of us: our own. - Euripides

Our first style of the week is Jay Craft, a young black male with vision and style . I'm not sure how to define is style; however, something about him stands out amongst the rest. If you feel you have what it takes to be style of the week feel free to email us at sadenneoma1@gmail.com with your best photos (outfits preferred) and why you feel your fashionable & different.


1. Who inspires your style & why ? My biggest inspiration is New York City.  I like cultural inspirations because its a conglomerate of what is taking place in many places & a viewpoint of what many different people classify as art.  New York is a melting pot of many cultural themes & expressions.  As an artist, I really try not to look to others for inspiration because I feel as if it dilutes my vision.  Styles I admire are Andre 3000, Russell Brand, Steven Tyler, Pharell & warriors I.e. samurai's, sultans etc.
2. If you could wear an item or accessorie all year round what would it be? I've been fortunate enough to live in a city where I've encountered incredible artist's with distinct visions. When it comes to anything I wear, I like to find pieces that are geared to what I want to portray.  This leads me to buy things in limited production, alter things, vintage shopping & w.e.  I'm not the type 2 cop a pair of LV shades just to be down.  I got a bracelet made to resemble a barbed wire affect by a great friend of my named Soull.  Her line of jewelry is called Alkemi9.  She's dope, she is who I turn to when it comes to Crafting for the Craft lol.
3. How do you describe your style? It's really hard to define a style, because I don't feel like I fit into a category in any aspect of my life, so I can't really place a label on it.  If I had to describe it in 5 words I'd say dynamic, ambiguous, eclectic, intrepid, kinetic.
4. Tell us anything.. (Hobbies, interest, dreams, aspirations etc.)  All of my ambitions are artistic.  I'm solely focused on career progression & legacy.  I've been working on Acting in theater since Jr. High.  The past 3 years I've ventured into film & television with modeling on The Tyra Banks Show & partying in an episode on How to make it in America along with other progressive but humble beginnings in other productions. I'm currently seeking representation & freely working on style ventures & choreography & music production.  I just wanna live & breathe art in any way for as long as I live.  I definitely have the ambition & interest, I guess I'm just focusing on the access.



If your interested in contacting him or exploring his endeavors further here is his FB .

Jay Craft


No comments:

Post a Comment